Join us as we Rise to the Challenge
At KCI, we’re building an enduring company that provides unparalleled value to our employee-owners. We make our mark designing and delivering our world-class solutions, so we invest deeply in developing our team. We reward integrity and commitment, and when we do well, you do well. Our people have freedom to innovate, unlimited growth, a voice that matters, a lifestyle that works, and skin in the game. Because life’s more fun when you own it.
KCI Technologies, Inc. is a 100% employee-owned engineering, consulting and construction firm serving clients throughout the United States. KCI is recognized as an industry leader, employing cutting-edge technologies, management practices and strategic growth initiatives. Employee ownership fosters an entrepreneurial spirit, encourages technical expertise, and shapes strateic planning.
Under general direction, provides technical expertise in highway design with SCDOT focus. May function as lead designer or technical consultant. Upholds engineering ethics and standards of conduct.
· Defines scope of project, with full responsibility for interpreting, organizing and executing project assignments.
· Selects problems for investigation, developing novel approaches and solutions to technical problems.
· Conducts quality control checks, reviewing calculations, designs, evaluations and specifications developed by design staff for accuracy and completeness, performing on-site inspections and reviews, and conducting or overseeing remedial design work.
· Keeps abreast of state-of-the-art methods and developments in area of specialization.
· Recommends changes or improvements to plans and programs.
· May function as the project manager for routine to semi-complex projects. Responsibilities may include marketing, negotiating contracts, budgeting, financial management, schedule coordination and resources allocation.
· Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
· Supervises and/or coordinates with other senior professionals and support staff.
· Interfaces with senior technical professionals, technical managers and administrative staff and managers as necessary.
· Represents the organization in conferences with clients, prospective clients and regulatory agencies.
KCI Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.